Utánvét Ellenőr is a SaaS provided by Dro-IT Ltd from Hungary: a service which will let shop owners filter orders with Cash on Delivery coming from known fraudulent e-mail addresses.
How does it work?
The idea behind the service is the following:
- Someone orders with Cash on Delivery payment method, but later refuses to accept the package from the courier.
- The shop owner flags this order with the
Refused Packageorder status.
- The module listens for orders entering this status.
- Once an order ends up in this status, the module will hash the e-mail address of the user on the shop server with SHA-256 and sends the hash to our service, accompanied by a
- If the courier could hand over the package successfully, the shop owner flags the order with the successful order status. In this case the module hashes the e-mail with the same SHA-256 and sends the hash to our service, accompanied by a
- When someone with the same e-mail address would like to order (from the same or from another shop), this module can disable Cash on Delivery from available payment methods:
- The user enters his e-mail address.
- This value gets hashed with the same SHA-256 algorithm, and the module asks our service about this hash.
- The service will return a JSON array and if the e-mail reputation provided in this payload does not meet the minimum value set by the shop owner in the module settings (
Reputation Threshold), the module will disable the selected payment methods.
You need API keys to use this service. To obtain them, register at https://utanvet-ellenor.hu.
All inputs are hashed with SHA-256 by the module on your server. This means:
- The entered e-mail address will NEVER leave your system.
- SHA-256 is considered to be safe for hashing.
- On "check requests" we don't receive the e-mail address, just a hash, and we provide only a couple of "numbers" about that hash. There is no way for us to know what was the original string before hashing.
- In order to use our services, you MUST notify your users that "Automated individual decision-making" might be applied during checkout. For more information, please see GDPR Art. 22.
Note: this is not legal advice. Consult your lawyer before using this service in production.
Found a bug?
Check the issues or open a new one!
To install this plugin, search for its package name on the Plugin Store and click “Install”.