Craftagram is the best and only solution you need for adding any Instagram feed to your Craft website. Here’s why…
- It uses the official API, which means your website will never get blacklisted, unlike plugins that scrape Instagram for content.
- There is a reduced risk of your integration suddenly breaking if Instagram makes any changes.
- Want pagination for your feed? Craftagram has this covered.
- Craftagram handles the initial generation of the Long Access Token programatically, removing the need to locate and copy-and-paste any tokens from the URL.
- The Long Access Token needs to be refreshed every 60 days to remain active. You can set-up Craftagram to automatically refresh the token by hitting the correct plugin action from a CRON task. No longer worry about loosing your feed because you missed your diary reminder.
- Switching is simple using the provided step-by-step instructions.
- Easily cache the feed using Craft’s native cache.
- We have kept the price low, so it won’t break the bank
Change management is key to building any website. If you manage a single or multiple client websites, then save yourself a headache by using Craftagram.
Setting up your Facebook App
This is a condensed version of what is available at the official docs, however, you can save some time but following these steps.
- Go to https://developers.facebook.com, click My Apps, and create a new app. Select For Everything Else from the modal, the other two options will not show the correct options in Step 5, as business integrations force the main Graph API.
- Once you have created the app and are in the App Dashboard, navigate to Settings > Basic, scroll the bottom of page, and click Add Platform.
- Choose Website, add your website’s URL, and save your changes.
- Click Products, locate the Instagram product, and click Set Up to add it to your app.
- Click Basic Display under Products > Instagram in the sidebar, scroll to the bottom of the page, then click Create New App.
- Complete each section in the form using the following details:
- Display Name Enter the name of the Facebook app you just created. This should pre-populate.
- Valid OAuth Redirect URIs Enter your Primary Site URL, appended with
- Deauthorize Callback URL and Data Deletion Request Callback URL Use the same URL as above.
- Ignore App Review, as we do not recommend that you publish your app. You can use the app indefinitely in development mode.
- Save Changes
- Navigate to Roles > Roles and scroll down to the Instagram Testers section. Click Add Instagram Testers and enter the name of the Instagram account you’re linking up.
- Open a new web browser and go to www.instagram.com and sign into your Instagram account that you just invited. Navigate to (Profile Icon) > Edit Profile > Apps and Websites > Tester Invites and accept the invitation.
That's it! You won't need to do any extra work to setup Instagram. Just go to Products > Instagram > Basic Display and scroll down to
Instagram App ID and
Instagram App Secret, as you'll need to add these in the next step.
Go to the settings page for Craftagram and enter your
App ID and
App Secret (these fields also accept environment variables) and hit Save. When the page refreshes, you'll see there is a new button called Authorise Craft. Click that button to launch a new window where you can complete the authorisation procedure.
Instagram may challenge you with a login screen, so handle that, then click Authorize. You will be redirected back to Craft with the
Long Access Token field populated.
Price includes 1 year of updates.
$5/year per site for updates after that.
To install this plugin, search for its package name on the Plugin Store and click “Install”.