This plugin adds the ability to save schemaless metadata to entries and query by that data.
Sometimes you'll need to attach additional information to your entry without creating a corresponding field in Craft.
Common examples include saving an identifier of the entry in another system, keeping track of post views, saving the
gclid on a lead, or flagging an entry as seeded for later removal.
One option would be to create a read-only field on Craft using a plugin that allows for hidden/read-only field types. However, there are multiple cons to this approach:
- You now have a field in your section layout that does not semantically belong there.
- It can be accessed, modified and deleted from the control panel (granted only on dev environment).
- It is loaded when creating or editing a post, which can be easily tampered with from the developer console of the browser.
- It does not allow for ad-hoc data that could pertain to a single post or just some posts, without creating yet another field.
- It is saved to the
contenttable, rather than the
entriestable, where it naturally belongs.
Entry Meta offers a more flexible, schemaless alternative, which by-passes the user-facing data structure and allows you
to save metadata in JSON format directly to the
- Save metadata using dedicated methods on the Entry element.
- Flexibly Query metadata (including nested structures) using the Entry active record.
- Data displayed on the sidebar along with Craft's metadata.
- Supports both MySQL and PostgreSQL
Price includes 1 year of updates.
$5/year per site for updates after that.
To install this plugin, search for its package name on the Plugin Store and click “Install”.