MatrixMate enables you to improve the Matrix authoring experience by sorting block types into groups and block type fields into tabs.
Additionally, MatrixMate offers these nifty features:
- Maximum limits can be set per block type
- Ungrouped block types can be hidden, or displayed as native Matrix buttons next to the groups
- A single block type can be added to multiple groups (sometimes it makes sense!)
- Block types can be explicitly hidden, even without using the grouping feature
- A single Matrix field can be configured differently for different contexts (e.g. sections, entry types, category groups etc)
MatrixMate is completely configured using a PHP configuration file. Click here to read full documentation and detailed setup instructions!
Note that MatrixMate does absolutely nothing to your content – if you ever uninstall it (or it stops working), your Matrix fields will simply render natively.
To install this plugin, search for its package name on the Plugin Store and click “Install”.