MatrixMate enables you to improve the Matrix authoring experience by sorting block types into groups and block type fields into tabs.
Additionally, MatrixMate offers these nifty features:
- Maximum limits can be set per block type
- Ungrouped block types can be hidden, or displayed as native Matrix buttons next to the groups
- A single block type can be added to multiple groups (sometimes it makes sense!)
- Block types can be explicitly hidden, even without using the grouping feature
- A single Matrix field can be configured differently for different contexts (e.g. sections, entry types, category groups etc)
MatrixMate is completely configured using a PHP configuration file. Click here to read full documentation and detailed setup instructions!
Note that MatrixMate does absolutely nothing to your content – if you ever uninstall it (or it stops working), your Matrix fields will simply render natively.