Matrix Field Preview is a plugin for Craft CMS that lets you create a visual guide to your matrix fields, making it much easier for content publishers to find what they're looking for.
To achieve this, the plugin replaces the default matrix field dropdown menu with a custom modal overlay that includes screenshots of your finished content.
This visual alternative makes it much easier to see at-a-glance what each block of your matrix field will actually look like when published.
- Preview modal: easily visualise the type of content you want to add to the page using the pop-up modal overlay containing screenshots of all your content.
- Categories: organise your preview images into sortable categories, making it easier to filter through and find blocks.
- Sorting: sort previews, placing the most-used ones at the top where they're quicker to find.
- Searching: search through previews, quickly finding what you need.
- Optional: you don't have to completely replace the default dropdown field, you can choose to instead augment it, giving you the best of both worlds.
- Inline previews: when browsing your entries, get a visual hint as to what each block looks like on the page with our inline previews that are added to all matrix or neo blocks.
- Integrations: Neo, Spoon, MatrixMate & Supertable are all supported out of the box.
See the full documentation website for details on how to get started with the plugin.
To install this plugin, copy the command above to your terminal.